Tanzania Reinsurance Company Limited (TAN-RE)
ISO 9001: 2015
Certificate No. FS652456
Tanzania Reinsurance Company limited (TAN-RE) was established in line with Section 70 of the insurance Act. No. 18 of 1996.The Company was dully incorporated as a limited liability company under the Companies Ordinance CAP.212 in 2002. TAN-RE has been registered to transact reinsurance business in respect of the following, classes of business: all non-life insurance business including marine and aviation business, all life assurance business including pension business.
The company is now inviting suitably qualified Tanzanian candidate to fill the following position.
This position calls for a “young, competent, and attentive to details and qualified person of high integrity. The jobholder is responsible for claims management. The Underwriter-Claims will report to Chief Underwriting & Training Officer through the Senior Underwriter.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates applying for this post should have the following minimum qualifications:
Should possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or Advanced Diploma in Insurance and Risk Management from a recognized institution plus ACII or its equivalent with 5 years’ experience in Insurance / Reinsure e Company or should possess ACII or its equivalent with 7 years relevant experience in an insurance/ reinsurance company.
The applicant should have a minimum of three years in claims management.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Dealing promptly with claims correspondences for markets serviced;
• Processing treaty and facultative reinsurance claims including preparation of claims credit/t debit notes.
• Recording/ verifying claims bordereaux and following up of outstanding claims bordereaux;
• Maintaining/ Reviewing and updating claims registers! Files and updating various systems for intimated/ settled and outstanding claims;
• Processing of cash losses/ cash calls/ claims recoveries and cash loss credits in a timely manner;
• Monitoring and advising underwriters on the claims experience of difference accounts on a quarterly basis;
• Monitoring and advising underwriters on the intimated and settled claims on a monthly basis;
• Producing a register of reported and settled claims on a weekly basis;
• Preparation of claims statistics for renewal purposes on a quarterly basis;
• Advising the Finance depart men
• To performs any other relevant duties as may be assigned to him by seniors
Competitive Salary package will be offered to the right candidate
Chief Executive Officer
Tanzania Reinsurance Company Limited
8th Floor, Tan-RE House, Plot No 406, Longido Street Upanga
P.O.Box 1505, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Source: Tanzania Jobs