Key Activities / Decision Areas
Board and board sub-committee meeting administration.
· Plan and co-ordinate board and sub-committee meeting calendars, agendas and related documentation.
· Liaise with and assist board chairperson and members as required and manage the process of drafting board resolutions.
· Take board and sub-committee meeting minutes.
· Full ownership of board papers content also end to end planning and coordination of board sub committees pack as well as subsidiaries to VTL. To guide management around quality of reporting including pushing back if reports are not acceptable.
· Meet with the CEO on a one on one basis to review board meeting papers
· Proactively engage with business on transactions requiring board approval, provide guidance around the approval process and meet with board members to explain the transaction and provide support to business with answering questions from board members.
· Required to understand complexity in the business and demonstrate business acumen to lead an approval process with the board.
· Provide guidance in the board room – need to speak up and have courage of one’s convictions to push back when directors are on the wrong track around company law, the powers of the company (MOI) and best practice with regards to corporate governance.
· Ensures that the Board and any committees operate effectively, within their level of authority and that there is a robust planning process that takes into account the requirements of corporate governance and the business
Ensure the company complies fully with all statutory administrative requirements.
· Responsible for complying with DSE listing requirements, announcements, etc., including compilation of the annual report, interim report, circulars, etc., and with share scheme administration.
· Ensure all statutory returns are filed, share registers kept up to date and Companies Act requirements met (including obtaining specialist legal advice if necessary); liaise with and assist the finance department and legal department.
· Ensure Brella files are updated and full compliant for VTL and all subsidiaries.
· Arrange and co-ordinate any non-routine secretarial functions (new company formations, de-registrations, etc.).
· Ensures that all statutory documents, along with any updates are filed with the relevant authorities in a timely manner
· Review and provide guidance around the DSE sustainability index reporting
Manage the corporate governance process.
· Monitor compliance with Tanzania board requirements and highlight compliance gaps.
· Liaise with Vodacom/Vodafone Group on best practice.
· Liaise with Group Company Secretary, board members and MD as well as business unit heads on board agenda items (e.g. major capital expenditure).
· Monitor corporate governance and any reputational risk associated with Vodacom Foundation activities.
· Manage the specific Financial Services Board compliance requirements applicable to the company’s insurance company holdings (risk cover, sub-committees, etc.)
Provide new director education and induction
· Provide director education where required for new directors including prescribed duties, DSE requirements.
· Assist board chairperson with board evaluation.
· Shareholder targeting
– Compile local and international shareholder target list based on current shareholder register and peer registers
– Classify shareholders according to criteria for allocation of management time
– Analysis of shareholder register and report movements to Exco and Board
– Investigate unknown top ten buyers on the shareholder register quarterly
· Manage analyst relationship of sell side and buy side
· Participate in investor conferences/roadshow
– Prepare investor profile reports for road show meetings
– Liaise with an appointed broker for international conferences/road shows
– Attend meetings and note investor key questions and concerns
· Management training for investors events
– Dry run sessions with the MD [LC1] and the CFO
· Provision of market feedback to senior management
– Provide market reaction to earnings results
– Provide feedback on conferences attended
· Be proactive and alert to the M&A activities for Vodacom Tanzania
· Guide the M&A team around approvals required and structuring of transactions
· Be alert to tax, accounting treatment and company law issues in structuring transactions, this can include equity and balance sheet structuring, loans, debt financing and instruments, regulatory approvals (Competition law, Icasa) and so on.
Competency / Performance Drivers
Technical / Professional Expertise
· Excellent English language communication skills (written and verbal).
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to liaise with and relate to senior executives, investors and other stakeholders.
· Assertive and thorough.
· Business acumen.
· DSE regulations
· Thorough understanding of governance principles and company law.
· Business acumen and ability to learn new concepts quickly
A 3 year B.Comm, Legal or C.I.S. degree.
10 years of relevant business experience. Experience working in a listed company will be added advantage
Source: Tanzania Jobs