DIRECTOR GENERAL OF THE TANZANIA AIRPORTS AUTHORITY (TAA) POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communications seeks an Experienced Tanzanian to fill the position of Director General of the Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA) which was established vide Government Notice Number 404 of 1999 under the Executive Agency Act No. 30 of 1997. TAA was established as part of, the Government efforts to change the public service structure and gear it towards improving business performance and high quality of service delivery. The Director General is responsible for all activities associated with the operation of airports and related economic development activities.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans, coordinates, directs and is responsible for all activities at all airports and airstrips in Tanzania.
• Develop short and long-term plans and strategies to improve, and/or expand airports facilities, to attract passengers and increase utilization of airports’ facilities and general aviation services.
• Conveys and executes the vision for the airports and support National economic development by providing the necessary airport infrastructure, facilities and services in an efficient manner.
• Supervise the implementation of the national transport policy and civil aviation master plan to airport operations, maintenance and development in the United Republic of Tanzania (Mainland).
• Ensure that the Government’s airport policies, regulations, procedures and International standards are implemented accordingly.
• Provide comfortable, efficient, safe and secure airport services and facilities for the movement of passengers and cargo in its airports to foster business growth; market the airports for enhanced business potential and ensure the development of a positive business climate for the airports.
• To assume management responsibility for all services and activities of the Tanzania Airports Authority.
• To deploy leadership and managerial skills to the organization and supervise all employees in Tanzania
• Mainland and represents the Government for Airports as the principal spokesperson on airport related matters to other governmental agencies and the public. .
• Interact positively, collaboratively and effectively with elected officials, local and international business leaders, agency representatives, passengers and members of the public to . foster business growth, market the airports for enhanced business potential and ensure the development of a positive business climate for the airports.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor’s Degree in. Business Administration or Public Administration or Engineering or Air Transport Management or any related field AND a Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Air Transport Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience of which 5 years must be at the senior managerial position.
• Demonstrated extensive administration experience with strong leadership -skills, having an emphasis on strategic planning, large capital improvement projects, financial management, and community relations. Track record in an organization with diverse employees is desirable.
Knowledge of Air Transport will be an added advantage
Age: The candidate should not be more than 50 years.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE FOR THE
• Salary: Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institutions salary scale
• Five-year contract of which may be renewable.
• Other terms and conditions of service are as per the Authority’s Staff benefit package and or as stipulated by Government.
Qualified persons are invited to direct their applications to:
Ministry of works, transports and communications
Tancot house 2, Pamba Street, P.O.Box 9144
11476 Dar Es Salaam
Closing Date for Applications 5th October 2016 before 15:00hrs
Source: Tanzania Jobs