HAYDOM LUTHERAN HOSPITAL
JOB TITLE: FUNDING AND COMMUNICATION COORDINATOR
Haydom Lutheran Referral Hospital (HLH) is looking for experienced, competent and result oriented person with very good communication skills, who can coordinate the Hospital’s work on mobilizing for fundraising activities and material resources as well as develop and manage the hospital’s website content and communication both nationally and internationally. The position is based in Haydom but will require regular travelling. The person employed will be part of HLH’s management team. Women are encouraged to apply. .
Commencement: as soon as possible.
Haydom Lutheran Hospital (HLH) is located in the Manyara region, 300 km Arusha. It is among faith based Hospital (FBOs) upgraded to be a referral hospital in the area and serves 7 districts in 4 regions. The hospital provides access to health care for more than 300,000 people in its catchment area, and 2 million people in the greater reference area. The hospital now has 400 beds capacity and
680 employees of different cadres. The hospital consists of several clinical departments, a research department, School of Health Sciences and community based cultural programs.
HLH works under the vision that the hospital should cater for the needs of the whole human being – physically, mentally, spiritually and socially. We focus on reducing the burden of disease, poverty alleviation, capacity building and to create good partnerships with other organizations who share the same vision and objectives.
The hospital is today largely funded by the Norwegian Government as well as the Government of Tanzania and some private donors. To increase sustainability of its operation HLH has established a goal to increase its donor base. Fundraising, advocacy and communication are considered essential functions within the hospital organization. The Funding and Communication Coordinator will therefore be placed directly under the Managing Medical Director’s Office. .
2. Job description
The duties and responsibilities of the Funding and Communicaton Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
• Upholding the mission, vision, values and general interest of the hospital at all times.
• Ambassadorship of the department and hospital in general during and outside of working hours, within as well as outside of the hospital.
• When requested, continuation of senior tasks in absence of the Head of the Department.
• Maintenance of a safe, secure, san nary and legal work environment for resource mobilization,
• Mapping of potential donors; approach and introducing the HLH project, Attention should be given to bilateral donors, philanthropic organizations, foundations, research institutes.
• Work with each key department to identify priority areas and funding needs and match these with donor interests and funding possibilities, and detect anticipated funding gaps in 2,5 years periods.
• Networking in order to create and maintain an extensive international network for fund raising and advocacy related goals. .
• Collect and process data for funding proposals, develop high quality proposals in line with HLH priority needs and development priorities and matching to specific donor requirements, submit funding proposals for various types of donors and make close follow up.
• Coordinate inputs from relevant key departments and write progress reports for funded projects.
• Responsible for communication contents of the hospital-website and other communication channels.
• Utilizing various communication channels to spread knowledge about HLH’s work and results, e.g. social media, blogs, articles, videos, newsletters, etc.
• Organization of fundraising events and campaigns.
• Supporting internal planning, monitoring and reporting processes will also be part of the job.
• Experience from developing communication material for various channels (websites, social media, brochures, etc),
• Experience from national and/or international fund raising.
• Good knowledge of donor priorities and regulations including those of philanthropic foundations, and foreign government’ and multilateral development agencies.
• Experience in developing projects, writing funding proposals and reporting.
• Understanding of results-based management, project planning and management cycles, and strong programme coordination design skills.
• ‘Knowledge of the medical sector is a plus.
• Experience from international, multi-cultural / multi-national working environments is a plus.
• Fluency in English, spoken and written, is a requirement.
• Knowledge of Swahili is an advantage.
The selected person should have bachelor or masters-degree in one or more of the following fields:
• Public Administration / Management
• Economic or political science
• Systematic, structured and results oriented
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Excellent organizational and teamwork skills required, including prioritization, planning and project coordination skills
• Self-driven, supportive and good at involving and motivating others
• Mobility; availability and willingness to travel
• The person employed must be loyal to HLH’ s Christian values
4. We offer
• 2 years renewable contract with attractive terms
All application to be directed to Managing Medical Director Postal address:
Hay tom Lutheran Hospital
PO Box 9000 Haydon.
Mbulu Manyara ,Tanzania
Phone: +255 (0)272533194/5 Fax: +255(0)272533734 Emall: email@example.com
Source: Tanzania Jobs