Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and coordinate the elimination of trade barriers within the EAC Partner States through the operationalization of EAC mechanism on identifying, Monitoring and elimination of Non-Tariff Barriers and other mechanisms.
- Identify laws and regulations in Partner States which hinder Intra-EAC trade and propose how to address them.
- Implement Online Mechanisms on reporting and Monitoring of Non-Tariff Barriers.
- Coordinate the formulation of EAC Internal trade policies and oversee their implementation.
- Study and advise on required institutional and legal framework on promotion of trade in EAC Partner States.
- Coordinate preparation and hosting of Annual Micro, Small and medium Enterprises Trade exhibitions.
- Propose and design programs to promote Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in the region.
- Implement the EAC simplified trade regime.
- Coordinate and provide technical guidance on meetings on trade matters.
- Prepare annual budgets and performance reports for the unit.
- Implement Council decisions and prepare progress reports on Trade matters.
- Ensure the production of the EAC Annual Trade Report.
- Ensure provision of other trade-related information under the EAC Trade Portal/Information Centre.
- Any other official duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
Skills and Competencies:
Education Qualifications and Relevant Working Experience:
Terms and Conditions of Service:
How to Apply:
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations precludes considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
East African Community
P. o Box 1096
Arusha – Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
Monday, 14 November 2016 – 5:00pm
Source: Tanzania Jobs