(REF: EAC/LVBC/HR/16- 17/04)
Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC) is a specialized Institution of the East African Community (EAC) established by the EAC Partner States through a negotiated Protocol for Sustainable Development of Lake Victoria Basin. The broad mandate of LVBC is to promote, facilitate and coordinate activities of different actors towards sustainable development and management of natural resources of the Lake Victoria Basin.
The LVBC therefore hereby invites applications from suitably qualified citizens of the East African Community (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda) for the following vacant position tenable at Lake Victoria Basin Commission, Kisumu, Kenya.
Organ / Institution: Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC)
Duty Station: Kisumu, Kenya
Job Grade: P2
Job reports to: Executive Secretary
To develop LVBC’s monitoring and evaluation framework, coordinate the process of monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of LVBC Projects and Programmes and facilitate the presentation of the periodic evaluation reports to management for effective decision making and accountability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies, policies, systems and procedures for monitoring and Evaluating the implementation of the Commission’s Projects and Programmes;
- Coordinate and lead the participatory processes of monitoring and evaluation systems and development of organizational/individual performance indicators for use in the evaluation framework;
- Develop standardized data collection methodologies of indicators for use in the evaluation framework;
- Facilitate and undertake field monitoring programmes and regional projects and programme sites for actual verification of the level of implementation;
- Maintain a data base on ongoing projects and programmes facilitated by Partner States and Development Partners;
- Coordinate the development of standard reporting guidelines and facilitate the process of development of quarterly reports on implementation of Projects and Programmes by Partner States and Development Partners;
- Facilitate workshops/seminars/trainings to familiarize staff on the above (6) developed reporting guidelines;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the LVBC Strategic Plan compiling and consolidating monthly performance reports into quarterly and annual reports;
- Disseminate the consolidated quarterly/annual monitoring and evaluation reports to stakeholders through organized feedback sessions;
- Update bi-annually the status of implementation of EAC Council and LVBC Sectoral Council decisions; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Masters’ degree in Development Studies, Environment Sciences, Economics or equivalent. Post graduate diploma/certificates in M&E will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience with three (3) years at senior level.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be creative, innovative and a team player;
- Be able to coach, mentor and motivate staff;
- Manage diversity, conflict and change;
- Able to write proposals and conduct research;
- Effectively communicate;
- Have strategic perspective, presentation, conceptual, analytical, planning, negotiation, networking, judgment and decision making skills, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Must be computer literate.
Education Qualifications and Relevant Working Experience:
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in the respective Partner States. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant experience.
Applicants from all five Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The positions are tenable for contracts of five years renewable once and are subject to the application of the EAC quota system.
The post offers attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
The East African Community is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and a copy of National Identity Card, or birth certificate or Passport showing date of birth. Please quote the reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than 18th November 2016.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; have an application letter attached; have certified copies of academic certificates; or fail to provide three referees, will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations precludes considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC/LVBC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
Friday, 18 November 2016 – 5:00pm
Source: Tanzania Jobs