MeshPower is an exciting startup company developing and implementing innovative solutions to provide rural electrification. We provide affordable, renewable, 24-hour electricity through our solar-powered nanogrids to village-sized communities without access to the national grid.
Originally started in London by a team of electrical engineers, the Rwanda subsidiary now employs 25+ people and has over 1,000 customers, with plans to grow very quickly. MeshPower is a fast-moving, rapidly changing company, characterised by a high degree of personal responsibility, quick decision-making and a dynamic and innovative business environment. Please see our website for further information: meshpower.co.rw.
Job ID: RW16102602
Location: Kigali, Rwanda (Travel Required)
We are looking for an experienced and driven individual to lead our sales team in Rwanda. The Sales Development Officer will be responsible improving and innovating sales processes that target base of the pyramid customers. S/he will lead the team of sales staff as well as distributed sales agents, covering sales & marketing. From applicants, we are expecting an interest in experimenting on and building resilient sales processes targeting predominantly subsistence farmers.
- Review and improve existing sales processes
- Introduce and track sales KPIs for staff, assets and geographies
- Manage and train local sales agents
- Introduce innovative sales programs that target subsistence farmers
- Challenge the status-quo, postulate new ideas, monitor and evaluate progress
- One or more years’ experience with proven success in a similar role in Rwanda, or comparable African market
- Entrepreneurial and excited about the opportunity to creatively build a dynamic, non-traditional business in a nascent industry
- Passionate about the social impact that MeshPower delivers, bringing innovative, clean, renewable and affordable electricity to rural African markets
- Comfortable working independently and remotely in a lean environment
- Likes getting directly involved with customers and agents to develop growth plans for a high-potential business
- A natural people-person, that has experience and a track record leading others
- Willing to spend up to 40% of his/her time in the field interacting with staff, agents and customers
- Fluent in both verbal and written English and Kinyarwanda
- High competency with word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- University graduate, preferably with a business, finance or accounting degree.
- Experience implementing and managing projects, especially ones with logistical challenges
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with the applicant’s level of experience.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not always able to respond to every application.
Please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com .
Source: Rwanda Jobs