Job Position: Rwanda One Health Coordinator
Overall Objectives and Description of the Position
The Preparedness and Response (P&R) Project, a component of the USAID Emerging Pandemic Threats 2 (EPT2) program, supports the strengthening of National One Health Platforms (NOHPs). NOHPs are defined as coordination mechanisms for multidisciplinary and multi-sectoral collaboration at the convergence of human, animal, and environmental/wildlife health. NOHPs provide the basis for ensuring that core capacities are in place for preparedness, and for promptly detecting, reporting, and responding to emerging pandemic threats. At a minimum, a NOHP is composed of public health, animal health, and environment/wildlife ministry representatives. As appropriate, the NOHP also include additional ministries (e.g. trade, tourism, education, or finance), parastatal organizations (e.g. national laboratories, research institutes, etc.), representatives of universities, the private sector, and non-governmental organizations. Multilateral and bilateral stakeholders and partners, such as WHO, FAO, OIE, USAID, CDC, may also participate. The P&R project also supports the role of the NOHP’s in National Preparedness and Response Planning.
The Rwanda One Health Steering Committee (ROSC) is a One Health institutional platform which provides government institutions and all stakeholders working at the convergence of human, animal and environmental health, with the strategy, processes and mechanisms for Ministries, agencies, reference laboratories, key stakeholders, bilateral and multilateral health agencies to work together in implementing the Rwanda One Health Strategic Plan to ensure that the core capacities are in place for promptly detecting, identifying, reporting, as well as preventing and responding to emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases and other public health threats.
To better support the Rwanda One Health Steering Committee, the P&R project is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Rwanda One Health Coordinator (ROHC).The ROHC will have a combination of administrative and technical responsibilities, in an effort to ensure continued multisectoral engagement among Rwanda’s One Health sectors during the implementation of the Rwanda One Health Strategic Plan.
In collaboration with the National One Health Technical Advisor (NOHTA), the Rwanda One Health Coordinator will have the following illustrative tasks/responsibilities:
- Support the One Health Secretariat and Rwanda One Health Steering Committee to monitor and coordinate the implementation of the Rwanda One Health strategic plan
- Support the One Health Secretariat and Rwanda One Health Steering Committee in the organization of meetings, trainings, workshops, seminars, consultations, etc., in accordance with their scope and functions.
- Assist the One Health Secretariat to maintain liaison and good collaboration with relevant government offices, EPT-2 partners, USG agencies and other One Health stakeholders.
- Assist the One Health secretariat to convene regular meetings for timely reviews of preparedness, disease outbreak investigations and response and encourage multi sector data sharing
- Support the preparation of the Rwanda One Health Annual Work plans and Scopes of Work (SOW) of activities to be implemented.
- Maintain and monitor progress of the implementation of the Rwanda One Health Strategic plan and regularly communicate updates to the Rwanda One Health Steering Committee (ROHSC) and One Health partners.
- Identify and share best practices and
- Assist the Rwanda One Health Steering Committee (ROHSC) and the secretariat to identify gaps and needs for capacity building within theOne Health secretariat and the ROHSC.
- Assist the Rwanda One Health Steering Committee (ROHSC) to identify new One Health partners to broaden multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaboration and participation.
- Arrange logistical support to the One Health Secretariat and the P&R National One Health Technical Advisor for smooth and efficient delivery of P&R activities that support the Rwanda One Health Strategic plan.
- Collect quotations for purchasing services and goods and prepare comparative statements for consideration and approval.
- Support P&R, other EPT-2 partners, and other One Health stakeholders in making necessary travel arrangements, including travel Visa facilitation, as and when required.
- Update and maintain administrative, financial and other project and office records.
- Follow all applicable National as well as USAID and DAI rules and regulations.
- Completion of an accredited Bachelor degree in any health related discipline (human, animal and environment health) with preference on social sciences.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive work experience in project management and office administration
- Good collaborative and coordination skills
- Excellent skills in the use and application of MS office.
- Fluency in speaking and writing English and French
- Rwanda national
- Familiarity with Government of Rwanda and USAID rules and regulations preferred.
- The ROHC reports directly to the P&R National One Health Technical Advisor in Rwanda.
Interested candidates are invited to send your application letter stating how they meet the qualifications and skills and a detailed CV to: PRPrecruitment@DAI.com, with ‘Preparedness and Response OHTA/CC’ in the subject line.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2016.
Source: Rwanda Jobs