AFR is a Rwandan not for Profit Company, established in March 2010 by the governments of the United Kingdom (UK) and Rwanda and with support from the UK Department for International Development (DFID), and the World Bank. Existing funders of AFR include DFID, The MasterCard Foundation, Sweden, USAID, and KfW.
AFR’s strategic focus is stimulating financial sector development by partnering with financial institutions and other stakeholders to increase access to and use of financial services. We identify and address constraints that prevent the financial market from reaching Rwanda’s low-income population, and promote innovations and learning that result in sustainable change in the financial sector. Improving access to financial services for the rural poor and women is a particular focus.
AFR is guided by the making Markets work for the Poor (M4P) approach recognizing that efforts to increase financial inclusion have to be market led and profitable for sustainability. AFR supports the Government of Rwanda’s development objectives by aligning all its interventions to the national policy frameworks including the Financial Sector Development Programme (FSDP) II and the Economic Development and Poverty Reduction Strategy (EDPRS).
AFR programing focuses on the following key interventions for the period 2016-2020:
Development of Savings and Credit Cooperatives;
Supporting access to and usage of value chain finance by smallholder farmers engaged in maize, coffee, tea, dairy and Irish potatoes;
Promotion of insurance and informal sector pension scheme;
Promotion of Digital Financial Services and Innovation Fund including the micro finance challenge fund; and
Knowledge brokerage and market facilitation with focus to increase access and use of information and coordination within the financial sector.
AFR seeks to recruit a qualified and competent individual to fill the Project Officer – Digital Financial Solutions position.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Financial Solutions, the Digital Financial Solutions Officer’srole is to provide technical and practical support to the Head of Digital Financial Solutions (DFS) in the identification, design and implementation of the DFS’ portfolio of projects that will deliver innovative and accessible financial services to low income Rwandans. The role is also responsible for ensuring excellent relationships with, and service delivery to, implementing partners; and for ensuring that projects deliver against the goals and targets laid out in the results management framework.
- Support the Head of DFS in identifying potential partnerships, writing project proposals, budgeting, managing implementation and reporting by partnersin accordance with AFR’s policies and procedures;
- Provide capacity building to partners ensuring that applicants and partners are fully empowered to implement their projects and that deliverables are met on time.
- Participate in communications, advocacy and market development activities as per the communications strategy and plan
- Collaborate with the M&E Manager to incorporate lessons learned from research & evaluation into Program/Project design of new projects and refinement of ongoing;
- Provide technical advice on IT infrastructure, hardware and software acquisition by AFR and its implementing partners;
- Develop, implement and monitor the institutional practices for data protection, internet use, email, security and ICT resource management;
- Advise the AFR management on new ICT emerging technologies;
- Works closely with the AFR personnel and partners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product or service processes;
- Reviews use cases and other technical documents with IT project staff to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents;
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Line Manager.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Computing and Information Technology, information systems or any other related field with 4 years of relevant experience
- Certification in Project Management (PMP/ PRINCE2) – added advantage
Experience and knowledge:
- At least 3 years’ experience in DFS Project Management preferably in a financial institution or telecom company
- Experience in financial sector preferably focused oninclusion/development finance, especially relating to women and youth
- At least 3 years of experience in Branchless Banking / Mobile Payments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software(Excel, word, PowerPoint and Visio, Project)
- A sound understanding of Partnerships, and work with government institutions
- Knowledge of working operations of advocacy frameworks and lobbying structures
- Demonstrable skills and abilities in grant systems development and implementation
- Proven experience in proposal writing
- Demonstrable experience in data and information management
- Proven experience in managing logistics and coordination of team activities
- Demonstrable experience in building and maintaining relationships
- Skilled negotiator with the ability to compromise
- Knowledge of national laws, regulations and norms for the Digital Financial Services
- Capacity to assess and determine solutions for technical, financial and administrative problems
- Strong practical system integration experience
- Practical experience in IT system/project documentation
- Full understanding of IT system development cycle
- IT system implementation experience
- Good planning / organization skills
- Results oriented
- Very good written and spoken English; good Kinyarwanda, French or both would be definite assets
- Candidates who have lived and/or worked in Rwanda are invited to apply; Preference will be given to Rwandan nationals and those with extensive in-country experience.
How to apply:
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for this role, please email your application to Executive Selection Division, KPMG at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the title of the position you are applying for as the subject of your email. Allapplications should be sent via email.
Please attach your CV containing your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarising why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be 25th November 2016.
All applications will be selected on merit and only short listed candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact Executive Selection Division, KPMG on +256 414 347833, +256 414346294 or +256 414 340 315.
© 2016 KPMG Uganda, a Ugandan partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
Source: Rwanda Jobs