The American Refugee Committee is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 35 years. ARC works with refugee communities in 11 countries around the world, helping people regain control of their lives. The people ARC serves have lost everything to events completely beyond their control. ARC provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, micro-credit education, protection and whatever support we can to let people begin again.
Position title: Program Quality Manager
Country Program: Rwanda
Responsible to: Senior Program Coordinator
LOCATION: Kigali, with frequent travel to all field sites (50%)
STATUS: Full Time
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: ARC Technical Advisors
DATE: Preferably February, 2017
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Based in Kigali, the Program Quality Manager will be a seasoned expert with key role of supporting ARC Rwanda in program design, development and implementation of required M&E frameworks and systems, designing and executing assessments and evaluation studies, complex data analysis, staff skills building, accountability and documentation for program learning.
Under the supervision of the Senior Program Coordinator, s/he will coordinate with ARC as well as partner sector technical advisors and program staff for effective program cycle management and delivery, and play key role in new program development.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- M&E Implementation and Reporting
- Responsible lead for the development, strengthening and functioning of ARC Rwanda M&E frameworks and systems, and supporting tools or templates.
- Support the management team in developing and implementation of a Country Program Monitoring Dashboard that will integrate critical indicators of program results and budget spending rates.
- Coordinate data collection activities such as rapid assessments, market studies, baseline surveys, evaluations, special studies, and other research activities.
- Support timely and effective implementation of project work plans and deliverables.
- Lead a team effort to identify and design innovative practices to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness in M&E and general project management.
- Organize, in collaboration with the SPC, quarterly progress monitoring review meetings with the program team and support teams, and design related actions and solutions needed.
- Support Senior Program Coordinator in producing quality reports for both internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate with ARC HQ M&E as required, including implementing any recommendations issued by the Country management team.
- Represent ARC in internal and external forums on M&E related issues when required.
Programs’ Development and Quality Assurance
- Provide input in new program development, including drafting required logic or change models, M&E plans and systems.
- Support the SPC in day to day program related implementation and progress tracking.
- Coordinate program technical support needs; identify and provide guidance on critical areas where support is needed and connect with ARC’s Technical Advisors to ensure quality program implementation and service provision.
- Identify evidence based programming from data gathered from internal ARC programs as well as through continuous research of existing work at other ARC programs, and other like-minded organizations and institutions.
- Conduct frequent routine and spot-check audits of ARC program field sites to ensure proper M&E techniques and implementation.
Capacity building& Organisational Learning
- Supervise and coordinate Technical Advisor Team in project design, monitoring, and evaluation, including development of proposals, M&E plans, logical frameworks, etc.
- Conduct working sessions with program teams prior to proposal development to ensure existing data contributes to and informs strategic development of future programs.
- Support all staff in clarifying and understanding indicators being used to measure project progress, including performance data collection tools, and indicator measurements.
- Participate and contribute to management decision-making processes by communicating program information acquired from the M&E and evaluation activities.
- Strengthen M&E capacities of all program staff at central and field level on a continuous basis through on job training and mentoring.
- Participate in M&E-related regional conferences and workshops when possible and stay up to date of best practices and new knowledge created in the field of development evaluation.
- Any other tasks requested by supervisor and/or Country Director
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in project planning and management, information systems , monitoring and evaluation or in a closely related field
- Minimum four (4) years’ direct experience in humanitarian or development programs’ design, monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Conversant and able to design, develop and guide implement project strategic/results frameworks, Change or Logic models.
- Experience leading, coordinating and supporting multi-sectoral (especially Shelter, WASH, Health, Livelihoods) senior staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing and analyzing data using Excel, SPSS, STATA, Epi-info and Microsoft Access
- Knowledge/experience in designing, leading and developing high quality reports from quantitative/qualitative studies, surveys or assessments
- Familiarity with program design and proposal development for key donors such as US government, DFID, UN, private, and multi-lateral funders
- Ability to prioritize, multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic and highly demanding work environment.
Experience working in protracted refugee situation and/or previous experience in Rwanda a plus.
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership and management skills including strategy formation, process improvement and team building.
- Commitment to personally champion ARC’s program vision and mission and inspire others to do the same.
- Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data in a meaningful manner
- Ability to build staff capacity on M&E across multiple sectors
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent strategic thinking, process management and problem solving skills
- Collaborative, result-oriented management style.
- Initiative, resourcefulness and innovation.
- Experience in managing multi-cultural and multi-level (numerous offices) programs.
How To Apply:
To apply for this position: Submission of applications letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title and contacts of three professional referees – shall be either hand delivered to
ARC Rwanda HQ
KG 622 St 19
Submitted via email to RWJobs@arcrelief.org with Vacancy Announcement – Program Quality Manager in the subject. The deadline for submission of applications is 20th December, 2016 at 17:00hrs.
Source: Rwanda Jobs