ActionAid Tanzania is a non-partisan, non-religious development organization that has been working in Tanzania since 1998 to end poverty and injustices. ActionAid is among the leading anti-poverty agencies working directly with poor and excluded people and their agencies as well as development partners in Tanzania. We have over 17 years of demonstrated experience in the development sector in the country. Currently, the organization is looking for a suitably qualified, experienced and self-motivated person to fill the following post:
Job Title: NORAD Project Officer (2 Positions)
Work Station: Kilwa & Singida Local Rights Program (LRP)
Reports to: Education & Domestic Resource Mobilization Manager
The key objective of this position is to facilitate the planning and implementation of the NORAD Project in the district engaging with relevant partners of the project and closely work with LRP team on other program activities.
• Facilitate the overall planning and execution of the NORAD Project
• Take active part in the preparation of the project’s annual plan and plan of action in collaboration with relevant partners
• Mobilize communities, pupils, teachers and parents of target project areas in collaboration with partners to the implementation of the project
• Engage with all local partners in the implementation of the project
• Actively engage in local level advocacy on education and tax and education financing
• Perform other assignments as mandated by the line manager
• Work closely with the LRP team in other program activities as necessary
• Support project partners in the identification of capacity needs and developing their capacity holistically in collaboration with the line manager and the LRP team
• Facilitate and take active part in organizing meetings of the project management team and district advisory committee as per the terms of reference
• Undertake regular monitoring of project activities in collaboration with relevant partners and the LRP staff
• Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly performance updates and reports to the line manager
• Identify and document best practices of the project achievement and share it for learning
• Take active part in the project’s midterm and end-term evaluations
• Prepare other reports as per the requirement of the donor and the organization
• Engage in the development of concept notes and proposals for further fundraising for the project and other programs in the LRP
• Support partners of this project in fundraising engagements (preparation of concept notes and proposals)
Qualification and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Sociology, Development Studies, Economics, and other related fields from a reputable higher learning institution
• Have sound knowledge and good skills in one (or more) of AATZ thematic areas
• Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in community development related work.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
• Understanding of programming issues and policy work at local and national levels.
• Understanding of gender issues in development and demonstrable commitment to promoting gender equality within the Organization and in program works
• Ability to write quality proposals
• Human Rights Based Approach to Development
• Resource Mobilization and Monitoring
• Networking and collaboration
• Program reviews, monitoring and evaluation
• Sound skills in report writing and P/R.
To apply, submit your motivation letter and updated curriculum vitae. Please, state your gross salary expectation per month in the motivation letter. You can send these documents through E-mail: email@example.com;
Closing date: 14th November 2016 at 14.00hrs. Please clearly indicate “Application for ActionAid Tanzania NORAD Project Officer” in your email subject. NB: Whilst all applications received will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we regret that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Source: Tanzania Jobs