Source: The Guardian 4November, 2016
The Contractors Registration Board (CRB) is a government autonomous regulatory body established by Act of Parliament No. 17 of 1997 to register all types of contractors and regulate their conduct for the purpose of protecting consumers of construction services in Tanzania. In relation to this objective, CRB is also duty bound to promote the development of local contractors. The day-to-day activities of the Board are performed by a Management Team (Secretariat) under the Registrar as Chief Executive Officer. Work at CRB is both interesting and quite challenging.
Applications are invited from dynamic and creative Tanzanian Citizens who are performance driven to fill the following position.
ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (2 POSTS)
Reports to Zonal Manager.
Responsible for Regulatory activities related to the contracting industry in Tanzania.
· Holder of a Degree in either Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution who is registered with the relevant Board and has proven construction industry field/practical experience of not less than three years.
· Successful candidates will be required to have interpersonal skills and initiative. Computer skills are a prerequisite.
DUTIS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· To enter and inspect any site for construction, installation, erection or alteration works for the purpose of verifying and ensuring that registered contractors are undertaking the works, and that they are complying with regulations and laws of the land.
· To identify and compile information to facilitate institution of legal action against developers and unregistered persons or firms who undertake, construction, erection or alteration works.
· To investigate cases of misconduct reported against contractors.
· To assist in organizing training courses for contractors in the zone.
· To carry out any other duties as may be directed by the Zonal Manager from time to time.
The age limit is 40 years.
Attractive packages shall be given to the successful candidates with the appropriate qualifications, skills, experience and integrity.
Interested parties should apply in confidence in own handwriting, submitting copies of certificates, testimonials, CVs, Telephone/ Fax Numbers both physical and Postal Addresses and names of three referees one of whom should be the current employer (if employed). Application should reach the under mentioned not later than 23rd November, 2016 The Applicants who will not be contacted in two weeks after the deadline should consider themselves unsuccessful.
The Registrar Contractors Registration Board
P.O. Box 13374
DAR ES SALAAM
Applications submitted through emails and any other means not stipulated in this advertisement will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: Tanzania Jobs