MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK AND FISHERIES
IDA CREDIT No.5589-TZ
The consulting services (“the Services”) include
2. Identify any constraints impeding current demand or its growth (including regulatory constraints, market constraints, limited capacity of key stakeholders, competition from other facilities or technologies, reduction of fish stocks, etc) Maintain regular liaison with national research institutions and researchers approved by the PRC to implement SWIOFish research activities;
3. Clearly define the activities, targets and outputs under each activity; actors involved and linkages within the system
4. Clearly identify characteristics, roles and responsibilities of different actors proposed in the operation.
5. Show the operational linkages between the landing sites and key actors.
6. Spell out the system’s sustainability strategies, both in terms of financial and human resources and identify short-comings in those strategies;
7. Propose possible sources of funding and solutions for the more efficient and the operation of the landing sites
8. Explain how the landing sites will be monitored, quality controlled and managed
9. Propose strategies for efficient use available resources in order to increase fish production
10. Present the operation structure or set-up and show how it will be done
11. Develop a business plan that specifies strategies to be used for resource and membership mobilization, advertising, sales and marketing, distribution, extension and training delivery, pricing and positioning amongst others sources of financing, opportunities to improve operating efficiencies (including affordable new technologies
ii) A background in commercial, economic, fisheries management and fisheries resource-economics, public private partnerships, social enterprises development or other relevant community development field of study
iii) Demonstrated writing, analytical, presentation and reporting skills
iv) Experience conducting business planning and market research with proven results in jurisdictions
v) Evidence of experience as a trainer in influencing policy implementation will be an added advantage.
vi) Availability to travel to the field sites, and ability to work well with and guide (both in person and from a distance) a local team.
vii) Demonstrated interest in social enterprises and experience analysis financial sustainability of non‐profit organizations
viii) Knowledge of the region / country context will be rated positively
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 08:00 to 15:30 hours on Mondays to Fridays except on public holidays
Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries
Veterinary Complex, 131 Nelson Mandela Road
P.O.Box 9152, 15487 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel. No: +2252228619110, Fax No: +255222861
Source: Tanzania Jobs