We are currently seeking to employ female gender trainers for the MAISHA study; a cluster randomised controlled trial to address intimate partner violence in Mwanza City. As part of the study, a gender transformative curriculum has been developed for women called Wanawake Na Maisha. It comprises 10 sessions and aims to prevent women’s experience of intimate partner violence. Successful candidate will be trained in facilitation of the Wanawake Na Maisha curriculum and will be expected to work with other members of the MAISHA Gender Training Team in facilitating sessions to MAISHA participants. More information about the MAISHA study is available on request.
Job Title: Gender Trainer
Location: Mwanza City
Reporting to: MAISHA Gender Training Team Leader
Duration of Assignment: 6 months (potentially renewable based on performance)
Starting Date: Immediately
Job Description / Responsibilities:
• Work with other members of the MAISHA Gender Team to plan weekly schedules of the MAISHA gender training curriculum
• Facilitate gender training sessions to the MAISHA study participants
• Manage group dynamics (e.g., emotional reactions, disclosure of sensitive information, etc)
• Establish and maintain a safe and comfortable learning environment for study participants
• Assist with coordinating logistics (e.g., gathering teaching materials, communicating with team, report as needed, etc.) associated with the effective implementation of gender training sessions
• Take responsibility for accurate collection of data for the MAISHA study (e.g. participant attendance at gender training sessions)
• Assist with ongoing contact and follow-up of MAISHA study participants
• To collaborate with MITU staff and staff from MITU partner organizations
• To undertake such other tasks as may reasonably be expected by MITU staff
• Promote MITU, its core values and services, and play a positive role in the delivery of its day-to-day operations and strategic goal
• Graduate degree/diploma in social sciences/ social work
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Kiswahili and English
• Demonstrates thoroughness, attention to detail and care for high quality work
• Proven ability to work flexibly and good time management
• Results orientated and able to deliver on time
• Demonstrates initiative and ability to problem solve
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Familiar with Microsoft Office, e.g. Word, Excel etc.
• Good understanding of participatory training methods.
• Experience in facilitating interactive/participatory teaching methods
• Familiarity with working in urban areas with focus on participatory processes.
Method of Application:
Please apply with a detailed CV including names and contact information of two referees. Enclose a supporting statement highlighting how your qualifications and experience meet the essential and desirable selection criteria for this post. The deadline for receiving the application documents will be Friday 21 October 2016 Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or through the post address above indicating “GENDER TRAINING” on top of the envelope.
Source: Tanzania Jobs