Pact Tanzania is a field office of “Pact” an international non-governmental and non-profit, making organization with its headquarters, in Washington DC. Pact Tanzania exists to build local capacity to enable systematic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and enjoy the benefit nature provides. For efficient execution of its duties, Pact Tanzania is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individuals to fill the Logistics Assistant/Driver position for its 5-year, USAID-funded program; Caring for Children and Empowering Young People (C2EYP).
Job Title: Logistics Assistant/Driver (11 Positions)
Mbeya 2 Positions
Dodoma 2 Positions
Mwanza 2 Positions
Kilimanjaro 2 positions
Mtwara 1 Position
Dar es salaam 2 Positions
Reporting To: Integrated Cluster Manager
Job Objective: To safely operate Pact Tanzania vehicles efficiently and to provide administrative assistance to the Pact office
• Safely operate Pact vehicles in’ accordance to Tanzanian traffic laws
• Maintain fuel, mileage and maintenance logs for the vehicles,
• Ensure that vehicles are maintained in good running order
• Assist with office administrative support such as filing, binding of documents, etc as needed”
• Conduct deliveries, airport pick-ups and messenger services efficiently by taking the most direct routing.
• Advice staff on safe’ driving’ policy when necessary
• Ensure vehicle cleanness
• Carry out minor adjustments and repairs and report any major irregularities to the responsible officer.
• High School diploma/Form IV Certificate or equivalent’ qualification
• Certificate in from a reputable Driver’s Education School
• Mechanical Technician certificate
• Class C driver’s license
Experience and Skills
• Four years’ experience’ as a driver/messenger, with preference for experience with USAID or other donor’s requirements.
• Safe driving record
• Long distance driving experience
• English communication skills
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, submit your application letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position and curriculum vitae detailing your experience with three referees through humanresourcesTZ@pactworld.org Note: The subject of your email should mention ‘the position you are.’ applying for and your: “location of choice” Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
From: The Guardian 26 October, 2016