JOB TITLE: Legal Services Manager
Holder of Masters of Laws from a recognized Institution with not less than 10 years relevant working experience in legal matters. Must be registered with Tanganyika Law Society as an advocate of High Court.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Keep Companies Statutory Records:
• Preparation of annual returns (required to be submitted to the Registrar of Companies each year.). “
• Preparation of minutes and resolutions to fulfill year-end formalities.
• Advice and assist in relation to other corporate formalities, preparation of documents and submissions to Registrar of Companies (e.g. Appointment /Resignation of Directors, Change of shareholders).
• Allotment, transfer, transmission of shares.
• Law and good practice relating to meetings.
• Constitutional changes- amendments to Memorandum and Articles of Association.
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Board and Management.
• Provide legal advice as company secretary
• Review all TMRC contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the management’s attention.
• Prepare; review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
• Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
• Review on going cases and advice management accordingly.
• Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified; appropriate courses of action have been taken.
• Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
• Provide and interpret legal information’, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
• Liaise with the HR department in conducting performance appraisals and ensure competency and training gaps are addressed.
• Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
• Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements,
• Litigation management
• Review progress of outstanding litigation, liaise with, and manage external lawyers.
• Formulate compliance checklists to be used for ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
• Provides reports on a regular basis to the Board and senior management.
• Perform any other activities as may be assigned by the CEO,
Tanzania Mortgage Refinance Company Limited offers an attractive remuneration package and an excellent working environment
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, enclosing the following:
3. An application letter showing how they meet the post’s requirements
4. Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
5. Copies of original certificates and awards to support his/ her ,credentials y
6. Contact address Including telephone number(s) and/or e-mail address(s)
7. Names and full address of three (3) professional related referees
Applications should reach the address below before or by 26th October 2016.
People Dynamics Limited
Plot 13211 Migombani Road I Regent Estate, Mikocheni A
P.O. Box 11267
Dar es Salaam
Only successfully candidates will be contacted for interview
Source: Tanzania Jobs