Duma Works is recruiting a Laboratory Technician for our client, Zipline, in Rwanda.
As a member of Zipline’s health operations team in Rwanda, you will work with Zipline’s flight operations team to ensure safe handling, tracking, and delivery of medical products from Zipline’s distribution center to hospitals around Rwanda. You will interact directly with hospitals to process incoming orders from hospitals and answer routine questions about delivery status and receipt. You will manage blood handling and delivery package preparation, ensuring quality and efficiency of deliveries. In this role, you will also interact regularly with National Center for Blood Transfusion (NCBT) and Zipline’s flight operations team to ensure smooth end-to-end coordination from the time of NCBT’s deliveries to the Zipline distribution center to the time of delivery to hospitals.
● Blood inventory management and restocking ordering from NCBT
● Order preparation and packing
● Expiration tracking and management
● Implement best practices and safety precautions as recognized by NCBT
● Participate in the continuous improvement of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
● Perform daily quality control procedures
● Ensure safety in the Zipline distribution center’s blood storage area
● A1 certification in Biomedical Laboratory Sciences
● At least two years experience working with biological specimens or working with biomedical equipment
● Experience working in a blood bank, laboratory or clinical setting
● Experience in blood banking and transfusion techniques preferred but not required
● Full Professional proficiency in spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda
● French proficiency preferred but not required
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2443”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2443 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th October 2016
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over email or sms. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Source: Rwanda Jobs