The overall goal of ARC’s program in Rwanda is to build increased resilience and self-reliance of communities affected by displacement and their host communities using innovation, social-entrepreneurship, co-creation and increased country ownership through continued protection, stronger economic empowerment, improved food security & nutrition, and environmental protection.
ARC is looking for suitable Rwandan candidate to fill the position below:
Position: Junior Procurement Assistant (1 Post)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Procurement Manager
Site: ARC Kigali Office
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act upon complete Purchase Requisition Forms (PRF) and support the correction of incomplete PRF’s.
- Manage the Requests For Quotations (RFQ) process and prepare a Bid Analysis as required.
- In coordination with the Procurement Manager, source vendors for the supply of required materials and services for both Kigali and Field-based requirements.
- Investigate new vendors on the local market to benchmark pricing and ensure ARC receives value for money in all procurement activities.
- Ensure compliance with ARC policies and procedures, as well as donor and Government regulations.
- Create Purchase Orders (PO) for all appropriately approved PRF’s and ensure accuracy regarding materials, prices, quantities, delivery dates and payment terms.
- Populate and monitor the Dropbox Tracking System on a daily basis, ensuring accuracy and completeness of entries – Escalate non-compliance in documentation to the Procurement Manager.
- Ensure and develop clear communication with colleagues in Kigali and Field locations.
- Support the Procurement Manager in managing the procurement process from the PRF to Payment, including ensuring materials or services are provided as per the delivery terms of the PO or Contract.
- Document any delivery deficiencies or discrepancies when informed by the Warehouse/Department – follow up with the vendor to ensure corrective actions take place.
- Coordinate with the Procurement Manager and Finance Department to ensure that payments are processed in a timely manner as per the Purchase Order or Contract terms.
- Support the Procurement Manager in preparing periodic reporting requirements.
- Support the Field-based activities – being available to relocation should the need arise.
- Perform any reasonable activity assigned by the Procurement Manager or Senior Management Team.
Qualifications, technical skills knowledge required:
- University Degree in a related field required (Business administration, Humanitarian Logistics etc.), or Completion of secondary school education with a Post-secondary paraprofessional training or certification in Procurement or other related field;
- Continuous education and specialized trainings in procurement and logistics management;
- Skills and knowledge in the design and use of Information Management Systems (IMS);
- Fluency (level C) in English language
- Minimum of 2 years of procurement operations and experience with humanitarian or development programs at the international level in diverse settings;
- Good experience and technical skills in supply chain management and asset management;
To apply for this position:
Please submit your application letter and curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum) by email to: email@example.com or deliver them to ARC Country Head office in Kimihurura after Lemigo Hotel before Friday October 21st, 2016.
NB: Please apply only if you fulfill the requirements. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Source: Rwanda Jobs