Regional IT Officer – covering Sierra Leone, Rwanda and DRC
National Contract Based in Rwanda
Background of Trócaire
Trócaire is the official overseas development agency of the Catholic Church in Ireland, established in 1973 and currently has presence in more than 17 countries in Latin America, Africa and Asia including Rwanda.
Trócaire does not implement programme directly. Instead the organisation works in partnership with local civil society and catholic organisations on the ground. The aim is that ‘solutions’ to overcome poverty and injustice are not imposed on partners and beneficiaries but rather that they are the authors of their own development. In working with Partners, Trócaire has a key mandate to enhance their capacities to respond to programme monitoring and evaluation, accountability, learning and communicating results.
Going forward, Trocaire will pursue an integrated programme in Rwanda focused on sustainable use and management of natural resources (land and water), women’s empowerment as well as preparing for and responding to humanitarian crises.
Background and scope of the Regional IT officer role
A role of Regional IT Officer has arisen in the Trócaire Rwanda country office. The IT department headquartered in Maynooth, Ireland is tasked with providing and maintaining ICT services and applications to its Trócaire offices in Ireland and in the Field
To ensure that Trócaire staff in Central, West and Southern Africa are able to use Trócaire systems effectively and efficiently, through the provision of 1st and 2nd line support, the implementation and maintenance of local ICT infrastructure according to Trócaire policies and standards, and training staff in systems use.
The role will report to the Rwanda Country Director for Performance Management and Human Resources aspects and have a dotted technical reporting line to IT Operations and Enterprise Systems in Ireland for activities and tasks. The role will also liaise with other regional IT Officers in east Africa and Southern Africa for learning and sharing experiences.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 4 years working in an ICT administration role with a University degree in ICT (or equivalent qualification from a technical institution or substantial working experience in the ICT domain).
- Additional NGO IT experience is an added advantage.
- Exposure to use of IT for Development (T4D) and innovation embracing IT is an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of PC hardware and software with proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve related problems.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7/10, Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience administering cloud based services such as Office365, Salesforce, Box.com (any)
- Antivirus/Malware detection and removal
- Excellent understanding of networking concepts, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English are required.
- Firewalls, VPN, Wan, WiFi
- Satellite/3G Connectivity
- Microsoft Windows 2012 server
- Microsoft AD, DNS and Virtualized environments
- Salesforce (advanced)
- Video Conferencing
- You will be a team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) with fluency in English and French; excellent report writing and presentation skills; demonstrated analytical skills; understanding of IT systems and applications including Microsoft word, Power- point and Excel.
- Given the regional remit, the role will involve considerable travel, covering both planned and on-demand assignments which can be on short notice.
- You must be available to travel and work outside of normal working hours as required.
Salary and benefits
Salary and benefits will depend on qualifications and experience. The salary will be based on the Rwanda country office national salary scale.
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae,with names and contact details of three referees,together with a cover letter explaining why they are interested in the post and summarising the particular personal attributes which make them ideally suited for the role.
Successful candidates will be expected to comply with country labour law and various Trócaire policies including Safeguarding programme participants (SPP) policy and Child Protection Policy. Trócaire is committed to gender equality and suitably qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be delivered to:
No 12KN31st, Kiyovu
or email >> email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 20 November 2016.
Source: Rwanda Jobs