Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Tax Intern based at the Dar es Salaam Office. This role reports to the Tax Specialist and the role holder will be accountable to assist the Tax Specialist by retrieving information required for audits, as well as assisting with VAT returns.
This is a six (6) month fixed term contract role.
• Attending to auditors document requests during VAT audits.
• Retrieving invoices from Livelink and other archives based on the audit sample list and preparing audit files for audit as well as attending to any queries arising during the audit.
• Assisting with monthly VAT filing.
• Analysing the total taxes paid on importation of goods from TRA assessments and extraction of VAT elements from the documents for the purpose of filing the VAT returns.
• Assistance with Government audits such as TRA, TMAA, TEITI etc.
• Retrieving relevant documentation from Livelink and other archives as per the audit requests, answering audit queries, and providing various information as and when required during the audits.
• Filing of various documents and following up on the same with TRA, MEM, and Ministry of Finance etc. and keeping proper records of all correspondence.
• Assist with motor vehicle road licence renewals, including keeping and maintaining a motor vehicle register for insurance and road licence renewals, processing of motor vehicle road licence renewals, and assisting with Motor vehicle de-registration and transfers.
• Relevant Finance/ Tax Tertiary Qualification
• Finance / Tax related experience will be advantageous
Source: Tanzania Jobs