The American Refugee Committee is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 35 years. ARC works with refugee communities in 11 countries around the world, helping people regain control of their lives. The people ARC serves have lost everything to events completely beyond their control. ARC provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection and whatever support we can to let people begin again.
The overall goal of ARC’s program in Rwanda is to build increased resilience and self-reliance of communities affected by displacement and their host communities using innovation, social-entrepreneurship, co-creation and increased country ownership through continued protection, stronger economic empowerment, improved food security & nutrition, and environmental protection.
ARC is looking for suitable Rwandan candidates to fill the positions below:
Position: HIV / AIDS Counselor (3 Posts)
RESPONSIBLE TO: HIV Program Coordinator
Site: Mahama Refugee Camp (2) Gihembe Refugee Camp (1)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Counsel and test clients for HIV in VCT and PMTCT, and provide them with accurate information about the infection, current treatments, services, options and other resources,
- Maintain current and accurate client records as directed, collect and report relevant data about services provided, and prepare statistical reports as required,
- Develop and maintain an in-depth awareness of available HIV/AIDS treatment options, local resources and transmission prevention strategies,
- Participate in training opportunities as required,
- Maintain client confidentiality,
- Organize home visits as needed,
- Make monthly, quarterly and annual report of his/her activities,
- Collaborate with other ARC departments, district hospital and MoH as necessary,
- A0 in Social sciences or clinical psychology or general nursing with A2 Nursing background,
- Current counselling certification and at least 2 years of counselling experience in HIV services (VCT, PMTCT or ARV services),
- Knowledge and strong commitment to principles of counseling,Previous experience with Development or Relief Organisation in Complex emergency situations, including refugees, or community outreach,
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French.
- Spirit of teamwork is required.
- Knowledge of computer skills is an advantage;
- Ability to live and work in isolated areas in Rwanda
- Being registered in council of health professionals
To apply for this position:
Please submit your application letter and curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum) by email to: email@example.com or deliver them to ARC Country Head office in Kimihurura after Lemigo Hotel before Friday October 21st, 2016.
NB: Please apply only if you fulfill the requirements. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Source: Rwanda Jobs