The American Refugee Committee is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 35 years. ARC works with refugee communities in 11 countries around the world, helping people regain control of their lives. The people ARC serves have lost everything to events completely beyond their control. ARC provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection and whatever support we can to let people begin again.
The overall goal of ARC’s program in Rwanda is to build increased resilience and self-reliance of communities affected by displacement and their host communities using innovation, social-entrepreneurship, co-creation and increased country ownership through continued protection, stronger economic empowerment, improved food security & nutrition, and environmental protection.
ARC is looking for suitable Rwandan candidate to fill the position below:
Position: Health Education Officer (1 Post)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Health Education Coordinator
Site: Mahama Refugee Camp
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and assist in all health education activities including curative, preventive and community health,
- Help in developing the program and supervise community health workers
- In conjunction with the health center staff, plan and design preventative and health promotion messages provided to the refugees,
- Enhance growth monitoring activities at community level
- Design and plan sexual and reproductive health activities focusing youth
- Enhance maternal health promotion activities in the community through MoH guidelines.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports and participate in report analysis sessions
- Implement maternal, infant and young child nutrition in the camp
- Design and monitor effectiveness of program inputs and outputs,
- Collaborate with direct Supervisor to organize and facilitate health related training according to the needs assessment ,
- Collaborate with other ARC/Rwanda departments,
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor, or any other ARC Senior Manager.
- Diploma/Advanced school certificate in in Community health or environmental health sciences or any related field,
- Ability to communicate professionally in both verbally and in writing,
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French
- Previous experience in Community health especially with INGO
- Ability to live and work in isolated areas in Rwanda
To apply for this position:
Please submit your application letter and curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver them to ARC Country Head office in Kimihurura after Lemigo Hotel before Friday October 21st, 2016.
NB: Please apply only if you fulfill the requirements. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Source: Rwanda Jobs