The East African Community Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency (EAC- CASSOA) is a self accounting institution of the East African Community. The Agency is looking for a highly motivated, result-driven and qualified professional and is a citizen of the Republic of Burundi, Republic of Kenya, or the Republic of Rwanda to fill the following position at the EAC- CASSOA.
Organ / Institution: Civil Authority Safety and Security Oversight Agency (CASSOA)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Grade: D1
The position entails the overall management and administration of the Agency and the coordination of the development of the civil aviation safety and security oversight infrastructure in the Community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Executive Director (ED) shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Agency and shall be appointed by the Council of Ministers of the Community upon recommendation of the Board and on such terms and conditions as the Board may determine;
- The ED shall be the spokesperson of the Agency and the principal liaison between the Partner States and the Agency;
- The ED shall be responsible to the Board and shall mobilize required technical and logistic support from the International Civil Aviation Organization or other relevant agencies and development partners;
- Convenes meetings and provides secretariat services to the Board;
- Prepares for the approval of the Board and Council, annual programme of activities, budget, and implements them;
- Exchanges such information as is necessary with the Partner States and agencies concerned;
- Prepares reports and working papers, as required, of the activities of the Agency;
- Coordinates with the Partner States the designation of aviation inspectors and contracting of such inspectors as may be required to conduct inspections and other oversight activities;
- Identifies training requirements for the inspectors, on job training, recurrent and general knowledge in regional Safety and Security oversight system, management policies;
- Ensures the implementation of harmonised Civil Aviation regulations, certification and JOB VACANCY supervisory procedures of air operators and service providers, among others in the Partner States;
- Manages and coordinates the delivery of technical support to Partner States through the pooling or sharing of technical and specialist resources in safety and security oversight;
- Performs the overall management of the Centre for Aviation Medicine as a unit of CASSOA.
- Coordinates the resources and activities of the Agency to ensure its effective and efficient operation;
- Facilitates the sharing of resources from Partner States to conduct specified activities;
- Liaises with Partner States and other relevant aviation authorities on issues related to safety and security oversight and the development of civil aviation regulations, guidance materials, procedures and processes relating to aviation activities in the EAC Partner States;
- Ensures standardization and quality of the Agency’s products, such as common regulations, guidance materials, for the licensing of aviation personnel, certification, surveillance and inspection of aviation activities in the Partner States;
- Facilitates and manages the implementation and operation of the EAC IT based systems and applications;
- Develops, publishes and maintains manuals and handbooks required for the management and administration of the Agency;
- Represents the Agency at international and regional safety oversight related meetings, conferences, symposia, among others;
- Establishes and maintains a record of aircraft accident and incident investigators who are available to the Agency for use from the Partner States;
- Promotes a positive corporate culture and image of the Community; and
- Performs any other duties within the scope of the Protocol as may be directed by the Board or the Council from time to time; and
Qualifications and Experience:
A Master’s Degree in a relevant field of aviation and/or management with at least 10 years hands on experience in aviation related activities at a managerial level.
Skills and Competencies:
Should have demonstrable knowledge of the aviation industry and competency in management, institution building and project implementation; proven track record of working in a similar field; excellent skills in report writing; ability to work harmoniously with other people, to motivate others and to deliver on the set deadlines; must be computer literate.
Education Qualifications and Relevant Working Experience:
All candidates applying for the above position must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
Relevant Work Experience
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
This vacancy is only open to citizens of the Republic of Burundi, Republic of Kenya and the Republic of Rwanda.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above is an established position within the Agency’s organization structure and is tenable for a fixed non-renewable contract of five (5) years.
Applicants should not be more than 55 years old by 1st June 2017.
The established position offers a competitive salary and attractive fringe benefits including house allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme and insurance cover among others.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are advised to send their applications, duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA Personal History Form, photocopies of academic certificates, a copy of national identity card, birth certificate or passport showing the date of birth not later than 15th December 2016, quoting the job advert reference number of the position applied for by either registered mail, courier, or email (all soft copies should be in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat) to:
THE CHAIRPERSON OF THE BOARD
P O Box 873,
P O Box 873,
- The recruitment of the above job will be subject to the EAC Quota system.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not indicate nationality and age, the reference number, a signed application letter, duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA personal history form and do not include copies of academic degrees, other professional certificates and three referees shall be disqualified.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thursday, 15 December 2016 – 5:00pm
Source: Tanzania Jobs