Head of Pan-Africa Programme – Ethiopia or Nigeria
It’s hard to believe that today over 650 million people still don’t have clean, safe water and over 2.3 billion live without a toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every minute.
WaterAid is looking for a Head of Pan-Africa Programme to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Working within the International Programmes team, the Head of Pan-Africa Programme will
- contribute to the global leadership of WaterAid by providing strategic direction and guidance to the Pan-Africa Programme.
- influence key stakeholders by showing them the impact safe water and improved sanitation and hygiene can have on the poorest and most excluded communities in Africa.
- ensure strategies and plans link programming practice and policy to maximise our impact, by drawing upon country and regional evidence, and by fostering strong collaboration amongst WaterAid Africa regions.
To be successful, you’ll need to have
- proven experience of working at a senior level in development in Africa, with strategic leadership and management responsibilities.
- substantial knowledge and a successful track record of influencing pan-African institutions, such as the AUC, AfDB, ACHPR and other relevant institutions that affect WASH and development in Africa.
- the ability to provide strong leadership to diverse, multi-cultural teams, alongside the ability to develop organisational strategies and translate them into plans and budgets.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
Interested candidates should send their applications (letter of interest and CV) via email firstname.lastname@example.org
using ‘Head of Pan-Africa Programme’ as the subject of the email.
Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Ethiopia or Nigeria.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and they must be ready to go through an extensive selection process.
No recruitment agencies please.
Source: Tanzania Jobs