The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of Uganda and the Republic of South Sudan with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
Article 71 (1)(i) of the Treaty for the establishment of the EAC mandates the Secretariat to be responsible for the mobilization of funds from Development Partners (DPs) and other sources for implementation of the projects of the community. Consequently, the Partnership Fund (PF) was established in 2006 to coordinate and channel contributions by DPs to support projects and programs geared towards regional integration and socio-economic development as well as facilitate harmonization and alignment of their support to the EAC.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals preferably citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community-Secretariat.
Organ / Institution: The Secretariat
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Job Grade: Equivalent to Professional Position
Job reports to: Secretary General
The position holder will be responsible for the management of the Partnership Fund with regard to: administration of the fund, communication with fund members, monitoring and evaluation of the achievements, budgeting, financial control and auditing (internal / external) of the fund; and supervision of work-plan execution.
S/he will in addition relate to the new Project Management Unit, Partnership Fund Steering Committee, Resource Mobilization Office (RMO), and the Partnership Fund Management Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting EAC Secretariat in all matters of fund administration and management;
- Managing staff (Partnership Fund) in accordance with management principles and guidelines to promote a sense of corporate identity, enable employees to carry out tasks independently and create scope for creativity and innovation; and carry out annual staff assessments;
- Cultivating a strong and transparent working relationship with the Members and ensuring open communication about performance against milestones and goals;
- Supervising the preparation of Steering Committee Meeting, including quality control and timely submission of documents;
- Participation in meetings with Partnership Fund members;
- Facilitate external visibility of PF funding and achievements
- Establishing criteria for project selection and prioritization (within agreed annual cycle timelines and planning guidelines); prepare the PF work-plans and budgets with a log-frame that consists of defined outcomes
- Providing overall financial and operational supervision of the Fund and compliance with EAC rules and regulations and the Partnership Fund Memorandum of Understanding;
- Controlling of finances (budget planning, cash flow/budget monitoring, monitoring of costs and expenditures, follow-up of receivables/payables);
- Maintenance of the internal control system, preparation and evaluation of internal controls and revisions.
Qualifications and Experience:
Master in economics, management, finance and accounting or equivalent degree from a recognized University/Institution. Specialization in Finance/Accounting is an added advantage.
At least 8 years related professional experience 3 of which should be in a senior position.
Skills and Competencies:
Familiar with the administrative requirements of international organizations and/or regional public institutions. Working experience in international organizations and/or in development cooperation. Good working knowledge of ITC technologies. Excellent Knowledge of English and working knowledge of Swahili. Knowledge of French will be an added advantage. Excellent advisory and communication skills and intercultural sensitivity. Excellent organizational skills, team player, high degree of flexibility and engagement
Education Qualifications and Relevant Working Experience:
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Countries.
This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications. All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The assignment will be on a performance-based contract for initial period of one year which may be renewed subject to performance and availability of funds.
This position offers an attractive salary.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for this position are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and copy of National Identity Card, or Birth Certificate or Passport showing date of birth.
Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than 23rd December 2016 at 1700Hrs.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted 4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. The only source of information for the above positions is on the link www.eac.int . The EAC declines the responsibility for the information gotten from other websites. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
Friday, 23 December 2016 – 5:00pm
Source: Tanzania Jobs