The American Refugee Committee is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 35 years. ARC works with refugee communities in 11 countries around the world, helping people regain control of their lives. The people ARC serves have lost everything to events completely beyond their control. ARC provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection and whatever support we can to let people begin again.
The overall goal of ARC’s program in Rwanda is to build increased resilience and self-reliance of communities affected by displacement and their host communities using innovation, social-entrepreneurship, co-creation and increased country ownership through continued protection, stronger economic empowerment, improved food security & nutrition, and environmental protection.
ARC is looking for suitable Rwandan candidate to fill the position below:
Position: Clinical psychologist
RESPONSIBLE TO: Health Coordinator
Site: Mahama Refugee Camp (2)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Clinical psychologist aim to reduce the distress and improve the psychological wellbeing of beneficiaries. He/she will use psychological methods and research to make positive changes to beneficiaries’ lives and offer various forms of treatment.
Clinical psychologist will work in partnership with his/her clients over a series of sessions in order to diagnose, assess and manage their condition.
He/she will often work alongside other professionals in multidisciplinary teams in order to deal with his/her clients’ complex problems including UNHCR protection and community services team and other partners
Duties and responsibilities:
- assessing a client’s needs, abilities or behavior using a variety of methods, including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of behavior;
- working as part of a multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses, social workers, health education team and mental health nurses;
- devising and monitoring appropriate treatment programmes, including therapy, counselling or advice, in collaboration with colleagues;
- offering therapy and treatments for difficulties relating to mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, addiction, social and interpersonal problems and challenging behavior;
- developing and evaluating service provision for clients;
- providing consultation to other professions, encouraging a psychological approach in their work;
- Help different people of concern to create support groups and frequently meet those groups for group counseling and follow up
- Apply family and community counseling and sensitization to avoid stigmatization of people which psycho social problems
- Document all received cases and make follow up
- Report to direct supervisors including weekly ,monthly and quarterly reports
- A0 in clinical psychology with A2 in nursing background
- Experience of 2 years in clinical psychology or related field
- Familiar with Microsoft windows mainly Microsoft Word and Excel
- Being registered in council of health professionals
The candidate should also present the following:
- empathy and a person-centered approach to clients;
- tolerance of stress;
- the ability to recognize your own limitations and respond to difficult situations;
- the ability to apply your knowledge of academic psychology and research to clinical problems;
- the capacity to be critical and analytical and to work in a self-motivated, independent way;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to deal with people in distress;
- the ability to collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines;
- the determination to succeed;
- a strong understanding of the profession and the role of a clinical psychologist in Mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS)
To apply for this position:
Please submit your application letter and curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum) by email to: email@example.com or deliver them to ARC Country Head office in Kimihurura after Lemigo Hotel before Friday October 21st, 2016.
NB: Please apply only if you fulfill the requirements. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Source: Rwanda Jobs