SCON Ltd. (Services Company Outgrowers Nyaruguru) is looking for a competent candidate for the position of Accounts Assistant to provide support to the finance department by managing daily accounting tasks and administrative tasks where necessary.
This position will be based at the SCON Office in Kibeho, Nyaruguru District, and reporting to the General Manager and the Chief Accountant.
Job description: Accounts Assistant
Mid-career (2+ years of experience)
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
The following tasks are required of the position
- Post and process journals to ensure all transactions are recorded
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports according to the company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of mission fees, training expenses, payroll records etc. as required
- Provide assistance to the Accountant in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, Provide assistance with other accounting projects
- Processing and reconciliation of petty cash imprest system
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Monitor office supplies stocks
- Prepare and follow-up timely supplier reconciliations and payments;
- Develop and maintain a proper hard and electronic filing system
- Update financial data on the system to ensure that information will be accurate and readily available upon request
Below are the requirements for the above-mentioned position:
- Bachelor degree required (Accounting/ Finance related)
- 2 or more years of hands on accounting support experience
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Strong verbal and written skills in English are required. Knowledge of Kinyarwanda as well.
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
How To Apply:
Interested candidates may send their C.Vand application letters to the following email address >> email@example.com no later than12pm (midday) Wednesday November 16th 2016.
Source: Rwanda Jobs