- Position title: Account assistant – financial reporting and treasury products section – FFCO.1
- Grade: GS-8
- Position N°: 50000716
- Reference: ADB/16/095
- Publication date: 15/09/2016
- Closing date: 04/10/2016
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
Duties and responsibilities
- Process and reconcile the Bank’s Capital Subscriptions on a timely basis. Liaise with the Bank’s Treasury Division (FTRY.1) to ensure accurate and timely recognition of Subscriptions received from Member countries. Reconcile and resolve all related Suspense Accounts in a timely basis.
- Perform daily checks on accounting postings relating to Borrowings and Derivatives from SUMMIT Business Software to SAP General Ledger to ensure accuracy and completeness. Ensure related accounting schema are updated for new products and reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Verify and process disbursement requests on the Banks’ equity investments in the SAP General Ledger in a timely basis and follow up with relevant departments to ensure payments are made within stipulated deadlines. Resolve or escalate in a timely basis any discrepancies or issues to avoid any delay in payment.
- Prepare financial statements, statement of commitment capacity and currency reports for the African Development Fund.
- Raise accounting entries relating to subscriptions, demand obligations and investments as well as analysis of account balances on an ongoing basis.
- Process dividends, capital gains and interest received or receivable on the Bank’s equity investments in SAP General Ledger in a timely basis. Reconcile related balances in SAP General Ledger with Private Sector Department (OPSD) from time to time. Escalate, whenever necessary, any issues or discrepancies to ensure timely resolution.
- On a monthly basis, prepare financial schedules for the Bank’s monthly Financial Highlights and other management reports.
- Quarterly and at year-end, prepare all financial schedules and notes to financial statements for the Bank’s quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Contribute to the preparation and proof-reading of the Bank Group Annual Report.
- Undertake other tasks and duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Division Manager and the Chief Financial Accountant – Financial Reporting and Treasury Production Section.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy / Management or an equivalent diploma/degree.
- Working experience in a similar Financial Multilateral Institution or any other similar institution.
- Have a minimum of six (06) years of experience in a similar position.
- Strong customer skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail.
- Possess high-level skills communication.
- Excellent Customer service record.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft standard software: SAP, Excel, Word, Power point, MS projects, Access, etc.
- SAP literacy highly recommended.
Source: Tanzania Jobs